One-Pot Mexican Quinoa. Add red onion, green pepper, green chilis, rotel, black beans, garlic, broth, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Season with pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add the chicken, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drain and return cooked meat to stockpot. Add onion, garlic and cumin and cook until the onion is just tender. You can cook One-Pot Mexican Quinoa using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One-Pot Mexican Quinoa
- Prepare 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, minced.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can of black beans drained.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen, canned, or roasted.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 2 Tbs of chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
Stir in corn, bean, tomatoes, jalapeno, quinoa, and chicken stock. A flavorful One Pot Mexican Quinoa dish that's made with black beans, corn, bell peppers and more! Use it as a taco filling, scoop it up with tortilla chips, or enjoy it alone! Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
One-Pot Mexican Quinoa instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat..
- Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through about 20 minutes..
- Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro..
- Serve immediately..
Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and water. Serve and garnish with avocado, lime juice, cilantro, cheese, or any other toppings you like! Take a picture of your favorite way to enjoy your One Pot Mexican Quinoa and send it to us! We would love to see your creation.