Old-Fashioned Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake. Using a wooden spoon, or the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy and pale. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping down sides of bowl. Combine the butter, sugar, lemon juice and milk and mix until smooth using a fork or whisk until smooth.
This lemon Bundt cake recipe also happens to be pound cake because it has near-equal amounts of each. You can make other kinds of cakes in a Bundt pan, like coffee cakes , or a regular (but still delicious) chocolate cake from scratch. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan. You can have Old-Fashioned Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old-Fashioned Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
- It's of Cake.
- It's 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 tablespoon of buttermilk powder (optional).
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/4 cup of poppy seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Zest of 2 large lemons.
- You need 1 cup of milk (whole or 2%).
- It's 3 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- It's 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar, sifted.
- You need 1 of large lemon, finely grated zest and juice.
Pour into prepared pan; tap on the counter once or twice to release air bubbles. Lemon Cake Recipe makes a moist old fashioned lemon pound cake topped with a lemon glaze. The Lemon Cake Recipe came with my Bundt Cake Pan (Bundt Pan History below) many years ago when those pans were new on the market American market. This remains the best lemon Bundt cake I have ever tasted.
Old-Fashioned Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325F..
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, sugar, and zest together until fluffy and pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- In a small bowl combine milk and lemon juice. Set aside..
- Sift flour, buttermilk powder (if using), baking powder, and salt into a bowl, and mix in the poppy seeds (if using)..
- Add the flour mixture to the cream mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk mixture in two additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix, just fold gently; the batter may appear curdled, but don’t worry.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes..
- For the glaze, in a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the sifted sugar and the combined zest and lemon juice, alternating one and then the other, until creamy, pourable consistency is achieved..
- Invert cake onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Spoon glaze over hot cake and allow to cool completely before cutting. Individually wrapped slices will freeze well..
Mix together cake mix, sugar, oil and nectar. Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well. Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan. Make glaze and pour over warm cake. For glaze: Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest.