Quinoa healthy salad. Quinoa Deli Salad This healthy version of a deli salad combines hearty quinoa and chickpeas with small amounts of ham and mozzarella, so you get all of the flavor without overdoing it on the sodium. This healthy quinoa salad is great as dinner and doubles as a delicious lunch the next day. The salad dressing ties all the flavors together.
Known as one of nature's superfoods, quinoa (KEEN-wah) is a carbohydrate that's extra rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. You can cook Quinoa healthy salad using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa healthy salad
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa (rinsed).
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of cucumber (seeded and chopped).
- You need 1 of red bell pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of Baby Spinach hopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Radish.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped red onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parsley (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper Powder.
Then fluff quinoa with a fork and spread it out onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool. To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes.
Quinoa healthy salad instructions
- Wash and chop all the veggies bad directed..
- Cook the quinoa as per package instructions..
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients with oil, vinegar and seasoning. Toss them well..
- Pour lemon juice over it and again give a nice toss..
- Quinoa healthy salad is ready to serve..
This extra time allows the quinoa to steam and "fluff up." Citrus Quinoa Salad with pistachios and fresh citrus all wrapped up in a citrus-lemon vinaigrette. Southwest Quinoa Salad with black beans and roasted corn, with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette. Quinoa Corn Salad with fresh avocado, crisp corn, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. This salad is dressed in a chipotle-lime vinaigrette. First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve.