Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa. Add quinoa and red bell pepper to the pan. Stir in cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer.
You can also reheat this dish in the microwave. I like to add a splash of broth or water or stir in a spoonful of salsa to keep it from drying out. How To Make This One Pan Mexican Quinoa The recipe is super simple. You can have Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- Prepare 4 of chicken tenderloins (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can kidney beans, drained and rinsed or black beans.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of avocado halved, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
How to Make One Pan Mexican Quinoa: In a large non-stick skillet or pan with a lid, saute your onions and pepper in olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the spray to the pan, and add the finely chopped garlic. Add black beans, sweetcorn, and tomatoes. Mix and heat through until simmering.
Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice, parsley or cilantro..
- In a medium pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and place chicken and season with salt and pepper and cook until juices run clear and are browned on both sides..
- In a bowl add quinoa and and all the fixings. You can either shred your chicken or leave whole. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and parsley. Serve immediately..
Add the dry quinoa and stock, mix thoroughly to ensure the quinoa is evenly distributed. Add crushed chillis, cumin, salt, and pepper. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. This simple slow cooker Tex-Mex Quinoa casserole is packed with nutritious ingredients and a killer seasoning blend! This quinoa dish is fairly hands-off, letting the slow cooker do all the work.