Quinoa, Mango & Mint Salad. Add the quinoa, cover, and turn off the heat. Allow the quinoa to steam until the water has been absorbed completely. Once the quinoa is cooked, rinse under cold water in a mesh sieve until completely cool.
Notes Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl and add bell pepper, black beans, mango, salt and ground black pepper. Pour the homemade vinaigrette dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled. You can have Quinoa, Mango & Mint Salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa, Mango & Mint Salad
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1/4 of red onion.
- You need 2 of mangos.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Roma tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of feta or panela cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
- It’s 2 of lemons, the juice of.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
Toss mango, red pepper, green onions and black beans together. Add tossed vegetables together into cooled quinoa. Mix together vinegar, oil, black pepper, and lime juice. Add to the cold vegetable and quinoa mixture.
Quinoa, Mango & Mint Salad instructions
- In a pot, bring the water to a rolling boil. Add the quinoa, cover and let simmer at low flame for 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl to let cool until room temperature (you can speed up the cooling by placing a smaller bowl with ice cubes or chilled water on top of the quinoa)..
- While the quinoa cools, dice onion, mangos, cucumber, tomato and cheese..
- Combine quinoa with diced ingredients, add the mint leaves. Toss with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Voilá!.
Transfer to a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly. Return the quinoa to the pot and add water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Whisk together yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.