Molasses Cake Bars. Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet. While still warm sprinkle w/ confectionary sugar or glace with a thin icing. Cake In an electric mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and blended.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, coffee, cinnamon and cloves. Spread on greased and floured cookie sheet (with sides). Cream the sugar and margarine, add in the eggs and beat. You can cook Molasses Cake Bars using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Molasses Cake Bars
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar or granulated sugar (I use brown sugar).
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of / 2 cup water.
- You need of Confectioners’ sugar for dusting.
Combine the wet and dry and mix well. Divide the dough in two and make three long rolls from each half on a cookie sheet. Blend in the egg, molasses and hot coffee. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the molasses mixture until well blended.
Molasses Cake Bars instructions
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F..
- Grease 8x8x1.47 inch pan..
- Sift together the dry ingredients (all porpuse flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, ground cloves and cinnamon, instant coffee powder)..
- Cream shortening and sugar..
- Add egg, beat well..
- Mix in molasses and water..
- Stir in the dry ingredients mixture into creamed mixture. Mix well..
- Pour into greased pan. Bake for 35 minutes..
- While the cake is stil warm, dust with confectioners’ sugar. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16 squares..
Drizzle over the hot cake and spread lightly. FRUIT CAKE BARS Grind candied fruit mix and. mixture alternately with molasses and water. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with water, mixing well after each addition. A ginger-molasses cookie bar that is simple, classic, and delicious! Add eggs and molasses and mix well.