Quick Easy Spaghetti Squash Quinoa Boat. Cut the squash in half (lengthwise) and scoop up the seeds. Pour the olive oil over the squash and add sea salt and pepper to taste. Wrap the squash in foil and place on a cookie sheet.
Once squash is done roasting, remove from oven, flip over and scoop out the seeds. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. You can cook Quick Easy Spaghetti Squash Quinoa Boat using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Easy Spaghetti Squash Quinoa Boat
- You need 1/2 of baked spaghetti squash.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- It's of Chopped jalapeños optional.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or more chopped cilantro.
- It's 1/2 of avocado cut in small cubes.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It's of Salt and black pepper to taste.
Place the pan in the oven on a rack below the squash. In the meantime, cook the quinoa. Place quinoa and water in a pot, bring to boil, add some. Remove from microwave with caution as squash will be hot. (This step is optional but makes it easier to slice squash in half and shorten cook time in the oven.) Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds in the middle of each half.
Quick Easy Spaghetti Squash Quinoa Boat instructions
- With a fork scrape the flesh of the squash into spaghetti and transfer into a bowl. Keep the squash skin to use later as a plate..
- Add cooked quinoa, all chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro. Mix them, then add balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Mix it well..
- Lastly add avocado cubes and slightly mix. Fill up the squash skin/boat with the quinoa mixture. Garnish with more chopped cilantro, black pepper and chili flakes if desire. Enjoy!.
- Note for how to bake the spaghetti squash: Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle each half with olive oil or cooking oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash facing down drizzle each skin with oil, and bake on preheated to 400F oven for 25-30 minutes or until it's easy to shred with a fork. (Baking time is depending on the size of the squash).
- HappyCooking ❤️.
Brush inner portion of squash with olive oil. Roast the spaghetti squash according to this recipe for Roasted Spaghetti Squash. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium and add the bacon. Drizzle cut sides of spaghetti squash with oil and season with salt, chili powder, and cumin.