Quinoa Salad. Make-Ahead Spinach Salad in a Jar Prep these salads once and eat for the week! Make sure to firmly pack the spinach into each jar and they will stay fresh all week. A great use for leftover quinoa!
Add the quinoa, stir once, and return to a boil. Strain and rinse well with cold water, shaking the sieve well to remove all moisture. To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. You can cook Quinoa Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Salad
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It's 1 of can(15 oz) chick peas drained.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber seeded and chopped.
- It's 1 of red bell pepper chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of flat leaf parsley chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Move the saucepan off of the heat and cover for five minutes. This extra time allows the quinoa to steam and "fluff up." In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
Quinoa Salad instructions
- Cook quinoa and water.
- Combine quinoa, chick peas, cucumbers, bell pepper, onion and parsley..
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic and sea salt. Add to other ingredients..
- Keeps for 4 days..
Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Then fluff quinoa with a fork and spread it out onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Quinoa Deli Salad This healthy version of a deli salad combines hearty quinoa and chickpeas with small amounts of ham and mozzarella, so you get all of the flavor without overdoing it on the sodium.