Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Add in quinoa, scrambled eggs, shrimp, green onions and soy sauce mixture.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a plate. Stir asparagus, veggie tenders and lemon rind into quinoa. Tips Quinoa has a natural protective coating called 'saponin' that must be rinsed off before cooking as it can give a bitter taste. You can have Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa
- Prepare 12 of medium shrimp.
- You need 1/2 pound of shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It's 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- It's 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking shrimp and shiitake.
- It's to taste of Pepper and Salt.
- It's of Serve on bed of arugula or spinach.
As it cooks, the quinoa germ separates from the kernel creating tiny white rings. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in quinoa until well combined. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 3 garlic cloves and sauté with mushrooms until shiitake is slightly crispy.
- Separately cook shrimp in oil and garlic with cumin.
- Mix quinoa with shrimp and mushrooms.
- Add salt to taste.
Adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen. Gradually whisk in cornmeal and bring to a boil. Quinoa Tabbouleh with Marinated Tuna, Shiitakes, and Bonito-Rosemary Aioli It takes some carefully chosen ingredients to make an uber-healthy dish that also manages to satisfy. Sear the shrimp just until opaque and crisp on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside.