Fluffy Quinoa for Beginners. Dry and toast quinoa in saucepan: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in the saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the drained quinoa. Combine quinoa, water, and salt in a small pot and bring to a boil. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Here's the trick for perfectly fluffy quinoa: Use twice as much water as quinoa, as usual, then cook uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. The cooking time will vary based on quantity. So bring your water or broth to a simmer before stirring in the quinoa. You can cook Fluffy Quinoa for Beginners using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Quinoa for Beginners
- You need 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It's 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/8-1/4 tsp of salt or as desired.
- You need dash of black pepper (optional).
- You need of sprinkle of seasoning powder or mixed herbs (optional).
Then, let the mixture come back up to a simmer. Resist the urge to open the lid and check on the progress! Freeze leftovers for a quick side dish ready in minutes. Preparing quinoa seeds can be done in different ways, too.
Fluffy Quinoa for Beginners instructions
- Rinse Quinoa in water three times (or until water is clearer) while rubbing the seeds thru your fingers. This removes the coating that is not good to be digested..
- Combine water and Quinoa in a pan or pot and bring it to a boil uncovered in med-high heat..
- Once boiling, lower heat to low-medium setting. Sprinkle the salt around. Simmer for about 10 mins or until most of the water is absorbed. Don't cover the pan..
- Remove from the stove and cover it with a lid so it can continue cooking. 5-10 minutes..
- Transfer to a bowl, add your seasonings while fluffing it with a fork. Serve with a salad or entrée..
As with most things, it is essential to wash quinoa before cooking. This step lets it expand and allow for the breakdown of the phytic acid it contains. The most common way to use quinoa is in place of rice. Try this healthy vegetarian stir fry and see for yourself! You may never want rice again.