Quinoa and Broken Wheat porridge. Then measure them out and keep it aside. After soaking drain out the excess liquid and keep it aside. It should have soaked the liquid and swollen up.
All the better for you to absorb & utilize them! Check out How to cook Quinoa for more details. Add palm sugar, chopped dates, raisins and chopped nuts. You can cook Quinoa and Broken Wheat porridge using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa and Broken Wheat porridge
- You need 1/2 bowl of broken wheat.
- It's 1/2 bowl of quinoa.
- Prepare 6 spoons of red lentils (masoor dal).
- It's 6 spoons of split moong dal.
- You need 4 spoon of peas.
- Prepare 4 spoon of sweet corn.
- Prepare 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1/2 of chopped capsicum.
- It's 1 and 1/2 spoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 spoon of turmeric powder.
- It's as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- It's of For tempering:.
- It's 1 spoon of olive oil/ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 spoon of mustard seeds.
- It's 1/2 spoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 2 of laung/ cloves.
- It's 1/2 inch of cinnamon (dalchini).
- You need 1/2 tspn of asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 and 1/2 bowl of water.
Mix in cinnamon powder if you like the flavor. Optional step- using an immersion blender, blend quinoa until it's broken down and smooth, but still a little textured. Give it a shake every few seconds. Toppings - Your choice!: Banana Dried cranberries Pomegranate seeds Nuts, seeds Etc.!
Quinoa and Broken Wheat porridge step by step
- Wash properly quinoa, broken wheat, masoor dal, split moong dal...
- In pressure cooker add washed quinoa, broken wheat, masoor dal, split moong dal and veggies as chopped tomatoes, chopped capsicum, peas, sweet corn, curry leaves..with 2 and 1/2 bowl water..
- Then add all spices salt as per taste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder...
- Then add tempering, in tempering bowl add one spoon of olive oil/ghee let it heat, then add mustard seeds let it splutter then add cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon and asafoetida..then put tempering in porridge mix..
- Then mix all the things..put pressure pressure cooker on low flame and let it cook for 3 wistles...
- Serve it hot with curd or raita.. tip: you add veggies of your choice...
Place cooked quinoa and almond milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until the quinoa is absorbing. Stir in or top with nuts, and add the maple syrup or honey if you want a sweeter porridge. Top with more fresh apple, if desired, and serve. Notes Cooked quinoa can be heated up in minutes and topped with fresh fruit for a healthy, nourishing breakfast.