Quinoa Salad with Chick peas. Stir to combine the ingredients well. Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar or dressing shaker, and shake well to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and also add the chunks of Feta.
Caramelize onions in a nonstick skillet with olive oil. Set temperature to medium heat and cook until caramelized, stirring every few minutes. Make the dressing, by mixing all in a bowl. You can cook Quinoa Salad with Chick peas using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Salad with Chick peas
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Quinoa.
- It's 1/2 cup of boiled Chick peas.
- It's 1/2 cup of multi colour Bell peppers(cut into small cubes).
- It's 1/2 of of a red Apple(cut into small cubes).
- It's 1 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves or Parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of (Lemon juice to rub the apple pieces to stop oxidize).
- It's 1 teaspoon of Chia seeds(optional).
- It's to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For Salad dressing.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Soya Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- You need 2 cloves of crushed Garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of freshly crushed Black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
If sensitive to onions, dice, then soak in cold salted water while you chop the rest. Reduce the heat so the water gently simmers. In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt.
Quinoa Salad with Chick peas step by step
- Rinse 1/2 cup of quinoa with water and place in 1+1/2 cup of hot water in a pan..
- Add salt and bring to boil.Keep flame in medium heat..
- When water dries up reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes to cook the quinoa properly..
- When quinoa cooks completely remove from heat, stir with a fork and keep aside to cool completely..
- Cut the bell peppers and apples in small cubes. Rub lemon juice to the apple pieces so that they don't change colour..
- Also arrange some boiled chick peas..
- For the dressing take olive oil in a mixing bowl..
- Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, vinegar, chilli flakes and crushed black pepper..
- Mix well and then add salt and soya sauce..
- Stir well and then add the prepared quinoa..
- Mix with the dressing and then add other ingredients like chick peas, capsicum or bell peppers and apples..
- Stir well so that everything mix homogeneously..
- Add chopped coriander leaves or parsley..
- Mix and finally add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds..
- Give a final toss and your healthy and delicious quinoa salad is ready to enjoy. You can happily have it as meal..
Whisk until blended, then set aside. Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss the quinoa, chickpeas and veggies together in a large bowl. Add the parsley toss to combine. Whisk together the lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.