Red Quinoa upma. Let them splutter for a minute. Now add asafoetida, moong dal and urad dal. Stir and let them saute for a few minutes.
Open the pan, fluff the quinoa with a fork. How to Make Quinoa Upma Firstly, Rinse the quinoa to remove the natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy. Next, drain excess water and keep it aside. You can have Red Quinoa upma using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Quinoa upma
- You need 1 cup of red Quinoa.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white quinoa.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas boiled.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn kernels.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 1 of small onion (chopped).
- You need 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves nicely washed.
- Prepare to taste of salt and black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
- You need handful of Coriander leaves for garnish.
Temper the spices in hot oil, cook the onions and toast the cashews, add other veggies, add washed quinoa, water and salt and cook until done. You can also use cooked quinoa or millet and mix in the cooked and spiced veggies. Use any of these peanuts or cashew as per your taste. You will know the quinoa is cooked when all of the water has been absorbed and you can see the quinoa open up a little.
Red Quinoa upma instructions
- After washing both types of quinoa 3-4 times under running water, cook it in an open pan in water using very little salt.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds, when they crackle add curry leaves..
- Add peanuts and sauté a little.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté, till onions turn pink.
- Now sauté boiled peas,corn kernels And chopped carrots too till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the seasoning according to your taste and then add cooked quinoa Mix everything well with light hands with the help of a spatula.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Rice Cooker Quinoa: When all th water has been evaporated and quinoa is cooked they will look transparent now switch off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice mix well. Serve this quinoa upma with coconut chutney or idli podi or curd and pickle. When water starts boiling, reduce the flame and add the washed quinoa. Heat the pan and add water. When it is rolling boil stir in quinoa and salt.