Zesty Quinoa. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
Instructions Cook quinoa according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water and adding parsley once it boils. Meanwhile, chop onion, celery, and tomatoes. Place the cooled quinoa into a large bowl. You can have Zesty Quinoa using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zesty Quinoa
- It's 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of powdered chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper minced.
- Prepare 1 of avocado minced.
- It's 1/2 of large lime squeezed.
- It's 1/4 cup of cilantro minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, avocado, feta and parsley. Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and garlic. While the quinoa is simmering chop up the onions, cucumbers and peppers and mix up the dressing. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan.
Zesty Quinoa instructions
- Boil water and add chicken stock powder, stirring thoroughly..
- Add quinoa to cook. The quinoa will absorb the flavor of the chicken stock while cooking..
- Drain quinoa with sieve and rinse with cold water to drop the temperature..
- Mince cilantro, bell pepper, and avocado. Squish lime juice over cut avocado to prevent browning..
- Add everything into a large bowl and mix..
This salad is definitely going to be this summer's ultimate salad. Seriously, it is bursting with in-season fresh fruit and earthy quinoa, and then dressed in a delicious zesty citrus dressing. And if that's not enough, it is equally perfect as a side dish and main meal for these long, summer days. Wash quinoa under a running tap. Rub the grains between both palms a couple of times while washing.