Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger. Place the cooked quinoa and one cup of black beans in a food processor or blender with the "eggs" until blended. Combine all of the ingredients in the large bowl, and stir until combine. Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
Stir everything together well with a fork. Drain and rinse the black beans, cook the quinoa and add them to a food processor with your breadcrumbs or ground oats. Next roughly chop an onion and three garlic cloves, then add those to the food processor with the seasoning. You can cook Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Quinoa.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Oat Flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Cooked Black Beans.
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion Finely Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Bell Pepper Finely Chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Steamed Corn.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Mashed potatoes.
- It's 1 tbs of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno Pepper finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of chili powder.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need to Taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 of Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 tbs of Ground Flax Mixed with 3 Tbs water.
- It's 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
Pulse a few times just until everything comes together. There should still be a few small chunks left. First, cook the ¼ cup dried quinoa according to package instructions and make the flax egg. While the quinoa is cooking, add the black beans to a bowl and mash until completely smooth.
Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger step by step
- Measure Quinoa and cook them as per direction. Let it cool completely. Simultaneously, Mix the Ground flax with water in a bowl, and keep it aside..
- Now, if you do not have oat flour, you can make it at home. Grind Quick oats in a grinder and measure the desired quantity..
- Now, in a nonstick pan heat 1 Tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add finely chopped onions. In a minute or two add bell pepper, Jalapeno peppers. Cook until onions are translucent. Once everything cooked turn the heat off..
- Now, in a big mixing bowl add quinoa, onion mixture that prepare earlier, Flax eggs, mashed potatoes and all the spices. Mix everything well..
- If the mixture is not firm in texture and difficult to make a patty, then add bread crumbs. It will help to bind the mixture..
- Now, form burger patties depending on desired size and shape. Keep them in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes..
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease the baking sheet..
- After 30 minutes, place all the patties on greased baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes. Flip and again bake them for 20-30 more minutes or until it browned..
- Serve them on Hamburger bun or Kaiser roll with your favorite dressings or toppings. These patties can be stored in airtight container or in Ziploc bags for a week in refrigerator..
The burger is made from a base of quinoa and black beans, with plenty of onion, garlic and spices to add flavor and a bit of rice flour to hold it all together. Pulse until combined - you want it all completely incorporated, until it's one cohesive mixture and the black beans are nice and mashed in. In a large food processor, pulse all of the ingredients together until smooth. Add the remaining beans, shallot, garlic, spices and hot sauce into the bowl of a food process fit with a steel blade. Process until the mixture is the texture of a very chunky puree.