Greek Style Quinoa Salad. Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to med low and cover.
Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, raw honey, garlic, salt and pepper. You can have Greek Style Quinoa Salad using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Style Quinoa Salad
- It's of Salad :.
- It's 3 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa (1 cup uncooked).
- It's 1 can (15 oz.) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced (I use either yellow or orange).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quartered English cucumbers.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of quartered grape tomatoes.
- It's 1/4 cup of sliced kalamata olives.
- It's of Feta cheese, for serving.
- It's of Dressing :.
- It's 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar.
- It's of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of honey.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each dried basil, dried dill, black pepper, salt.
Pour the dressing over the salad before serving and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, onion, olives and feta. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, salt, pepper, honey and lemon juice.
Greek Style Quinoa Salad step by step
- Chop and place all of your veggies in a large bowl. I'm not a fan of olives, so I generally leave them out..
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and the drained and rinsed chickpeas..
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients..
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies and toss to evenly coat..
- That's it! I would recommend letting this chill for a couple of hours before eating, so the flavors have time to steep together. Store this in a large airtight container in the fridge. Or if meal prepping, go ahead and portion out the salad evenly into 6 individual sized containers..
- Serve it up with some feta cheese sprinkled over the top..
Pour over salad and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least a half hour to allow flavors to meld. Nutrition Information: First, cook the quinoa. Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.