Vegan Moroccan Quinoa with Veggies. Combine spices, oil, lemon juice and garlic to quinoa and cook. This step is necessary to remove traces of the bitter substance saponin, which provides a bitter and soapy taste. Then put the quinoa in a pot with the double amount of vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
Notes Let the quinoa cool slightly before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients so it doesn't wilt the fresh herbs. Stir in diced tomatoes and broth; increase heat to bring mixture to a boil. This meatless dish contains a wide variety of nutrient rich vegetables (like sweet potatoes) served on a bed of quinoa. You can cook Vegan Moroccan Quinoa with Veggies using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Moroccan Quinoa with Veggies
- It's 1 of small onion.
- You need Half of pumpkin squares.
- It's Half of pack Mushrooms halved.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of dry coriander.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 cup of quinua or cuscus.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 can of drained chickpease.
- You need of Parsly to garnish.
Place squash and eggplant on separate baking sheets and spread in a single layer. The nutty flavor of red quinoa pairs beautifully with fresh strawberries, edamame, almonds and toasted coconut in this cold grain salad. Once done, drain a mesh strainer, and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Vegan Moroccan Quinoa with Veggies step by step
- Drizzle vegetables with oil and sea salt and roast in the oven for half an hour at 300 f..
- Combine spices, oil, lemon juice and garlic to quinoa and cook. Once cooked add the chickpeas..
- Assemble and garnish with parsley..
Add the quinoa, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and add the roasted vegetables, apricots, almonds and parsley. Pour over dressing and toss to combine. Notes MAKE IT FRESH: You can use an actual orange. The oranges can be any seedless variety, such as navel, blood oranges, sumo mandarins, satsuma or tangerines.