Quinoa patties. Bring vegetable broth, water, and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Spread quinoa onto a large platter to cool. Baking Instructions: Place the quinoa patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with the cooked quinoa patties. Remove from the skillet and cool on a large plate while you cook the remaining patties. Stir in the chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. You can cook Quinoa patties using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa patties
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked quinoa, room temp.
- Prepare 3-4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare to taste of spices (pepper, etc).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chives.
- It's 3 cloves of garlice, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of gruyere or parmessian cheese.
- Prepare of ~1 cup bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. They don't have to be perfect. First, combine the quinoa, eggs, and seasonings in a large bowl. Stir in chives, onion, Parmesan, and garlic.
Quinoa patties instructions
- Mix quinoa, salt, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in the chives, cheese, garlic, and spices.
- Add bread crumbs until the mixture is firm enough to form into patties.
- Make approx. 12 patties. Smaller is better.
- Heat oil over medium low heat in a frying pan.
- Cook ~6 patties at a time, 7-10 minutes per side (until golden brown).
- Remove the cooked patties, place on a wire rack to cool, and cook the rest.
Add breadcrumbs to the quinoa mixture and stir until well combined. Let sit for a couple of minutes so that the breadcrumbs can soak up some of the moisture. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Mix in cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, green onions, egg and seasonings.