Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Meanwhile, cut the tops off of the bell peppers, remove the seeds and set aside in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover loosely with foil and bake until.
Fill each half with as much turkey-quinoa filling as you can. Pour remaining ¼ cup of chicken broth into the baking dish and cover tightly with foil. While the turkey is browning, prep your peppers. You can cook Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It's 4 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of kale chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmegan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of parsley chopped.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare pinch of chili flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Once the turkey is cooked - add in tomato sauce, Path of Life Quinoa and herbs. Stir together to combine and stuff the mixture in your peppers. Place your stuffed peppers in a baking dish. Top with cheese and bake You can also make these peppers in the crockpot or instant pot.
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and steam the quinoa until the grains pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- For the peppers: Set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the turkey, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the pieces. Deglaze with the wine. While the turkey is browning, rinse the peppers and pat dry. With the pepper lying down on its side, cut off the top and remove the seeds and membrane. Repeat for the remaining peppers. Leave the stem on the top for presentation. Set aside..
- Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, and kale. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if required..
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. Set the peppers on a roasting tray cut-side up and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of filling. Top each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumb-Parmesan topping. Cover loosely with foil, place in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the peppers are tender and cooked through, remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Cook under the broiler to brown the panko breadcrumbs and crisp up, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to rest before serving..
Try our new delicious and healthful Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. This satisfying one dish meal has real star power and easily earns a place at the center of the table. If you prefer, you can use ground pork or beef in this recipe. It goes very well with a crisp and crunchy salad. Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat.