Vegan Red Velvet Cake *Easy*. Combine the tablespoon of vinegar and room temperature vegan milk in a jar; this will curdle the milk and it will thicken. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt. Pour in the oil, buttermilk, vanilla extract, red food colouring, and warm milk.
Place shaved cake bits in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Decorate the cake with red velvet cake crumbles. A Few Tips Prepare Your Pans. You can have Vegan Red Velvet Cake *Easy* using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Red Velvet Cake *Easy*
- You need 1 cup of soy milk (for buttermilk).
- Prepare 2 tsp of white vinegar(for buttermilk).
- It’s 11/3 cup of AP flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1-3 Tbsp of or red food color.
Cut rounds of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pans. Spray the inside of the cake pans (bottom and sides) with cooking spray. Then place a cut round at the bottom of each pan and spray again. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
Vegan Red Velvet Cake *Easy* step by step
- Preheat oven 350 F Mix the buttermilk ingredients together and set aside to curd.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients mix until just combined add buttermilk but do not over mix.
- Place in sprayed pan of your choice I used two 6 in pans lined with parchment. Bake 20-25 mins.
In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Add enough red food dye so that the wet ingredients are a very vibrant red *see notes. In a bowl, add the vegan butter and whip with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand until creamy. Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing well in between.