Chocolate Quinoa Champorado. Add more or less depending on how sweet you like it. Add the almonds and the Anchovies. Enjoy! 🙂 Start by heating a saucepan and combine all the ingredients together.
Add cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and brown sugar. Continue to cook on low heat just until chocolate and sugar have melted. Porridge can be enjoyed warm or chilled. You can have Chocolate Quinoa Champorado using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Quinoa Champorado
- You need 1/4 c of quinoa.
- It’s 3/4 c of water.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Evaporated Milk.
Serve with sweetened condensed milk or topping of choice. Notes Glutinous rice, contrary to it's name, does not contain gluten. Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding) This is a favorite Filipino recipe. A sticky sweet rice pudding loaded with chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Quinoa Champorado step by step
- Boil the quinoa, water, and salt on high, and when you see it come to a rapid boil, reduce the heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 10 mins..
- Add in your cocoa powder and sugar. Gradually add more or less of each as needed..
- Stir in a splash of evaporated milk and enjoy! Because it’s made with quinoa, it won’t be as thick as the traditional version. You could add a tsp of cornstarch slurry, but why? It’s good as is :).
A variation can be done by adding some peanut butter (creamy or chunky). It can be eaten as a snack or dessert or the best breakfast during winter months.. It's an easy tweak that doesn't require much thinking. Just grab a dark chocolate bar or two, add it in, and boom! A deep dark chocolate bowl of rice that you can serve swirled with as much condensed milk as you like.