Aunt Babe’s Pound Cake. Pour the vanilla cake batter into the prepared pan and place in a cold oven. AUNT EVA'S POUND CAKE Can be done in a food processor. Butter a bundt pan or tube pan VERY well, then flour lightly.
Alternately add flour and milk mixing well after each addition. Pour batter into a well-greased Bundt pan. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. You can have Aunt Babe’s Pound Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aunt Babe’s Pound Cake
- It's 1 lb. of Unsalted butter, soft.
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- You need 9 of eggs.
- You need 4 cups of plain flour.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of mace.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla or almond.
Beat in the flour alternately with the milk. Mix flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside. Beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and then stir in apples and vanilla.
Aunt Babe’s Pound Cake step by step
- Grease & flour tube pan; set aside. DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!.
- Cream butter & sugar together until light & fluffy. Add eggs one at a time..
- Sift flour, salt & mace together. Slowly beat in dry ingredients, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in flavoring of choice. (Me & Pawpaw liked vanilla, everyone else got almond).
- Spoon into prepared tube pan, spread evenly around pan. Drop pan a few times on counter to remove air bubbles..
- Place in cold oven. Set temperature at 300*. Cook 1 hour, do not open door until 1 hour is up. After 1 hour baking check for “doneness” (Aunt Babe’s word) if cake is not done, bake 5 more minutes. ^In my old oven, I had to bake this cake for 1 hour 30 minutes. New oven (2 yrs old) it bakes in 1 hour..
- Remove from oven, let sit in pan 10 minutes, (I was in a hurry and didn’t wait as y’all can tell from the pic above, it came apart, the prettiest side is showing lol).
- After 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before cutting..
Add flour mixture until blended; stir in pecans and raisins. Transfer to pan and then drop and shake the pan to release bubbles. Strawberry and rhubarb are two foods that were just meant to be baked together. Their tangy and sweet union becomes even better when its heated, creating a jammy consistency that highlights the flavors. In other words, the fruit and the vegetable belong together in a pie more than anywhere else.