Moist chocolate cake. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl. To begin the Chocolate Cocoa Frosting beat powdered sugar and butter until blended. (If using an electric mixer, use low speed).
If frosting becomes too thin, add more powdered sugar. Submit a Recipe Correction MY PRIVATE NOTES How do you moisten dry chocolate cake? Try one of our favorite cake-baking tips if your chocolate cake Bundt seems too dry: brush the sides of the cake with a simple syrup to "hydrate" it. You can cook Moist chocolate cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist chocolate cake
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dark Cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 of tspn baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 of tspn baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of tspn salt.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbspn of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the consistency is syrup-like. Add hot milk a teaspoon at a time to make a smooth, spreadable consistency. Do not reduce the sugar – the right amount of sugar will make cake moist because it binds water so that it stays tightly in the batter and doesn't evaporate excessively during baking. Keep an eye on the baking time.
Moist chocolate cake step by step
- Line two 9" round pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350°..
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl..
- Whisk in the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla till smooth. Stir in the boiling water, mixing till smooth..
- Divide batter evenly between the two pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then invert onto cooling racks..
- Cool completely. (I wrap each cake in plastic wrap and freeze.) Place one cake on a cake stand or serving tray. Spread about a cup of frosting on the top. Place the other cake on top. Frost sides and top of the cake. Serve immediately or cover and let sit overnight..
Set a timer for the first time stated in the recipe and check with a skewer — it should come out clean. RECIPE FAQ Instructions Place a strainer over a large mixing bowl. Measure in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar. Sift/shake the dry ingredients through the strainer into a mixing bowl, to eliminate any lumps. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.