Apple Sausage Quinoa. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and cool slightly. Don't you just love the texture of cooked quinoa, by the way? Add olive oil, spices, salt and pepper, and shake.
Then you'll add the broth and rice vinegar. Place veggies on top of quinoa followed by sliced apple chicken sausages. Add quinoa, broth, and vinegar to the casserole dish and mix well. You can cook Apple Sausage Quinoa using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Sausage Quinoa
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 3 links of sweet chicken apple sausage, sliced then quartered.
- You need 1 of apple, cored and diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each ground sage, salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries (optional).
- It’s 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (optional).
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
While casserole is baking, add all ingredients for the dressing into a jar. Close tight and shake until all ingredients are mixed together. Remove from oven and place sliced chicken sausage on top of the casserole. Mix in quinoa, broth, salt, paprika, and ground sage.
Apple Sausage Quinoa step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the chopped chicken sausage, apples and seasonings. Cook and stir until the apples have softened up. Then stir in the cooked quinoa and dried cranberries (if using). Let the quinoa get integrated with everything and heated through, then remove from the heat, top with the sliced almonds if you'd like and serve..
- You can eat it as is, as a yummy fall inspired type of grain bowl, but it is also really good stuffed into some acorn squash and baked (pictured here)..
Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Add the sliced D&W Originals Apple & Chicken Sausages back to the skillet along with the chopped kale. Place a sheet of parchment paper or foil on baking sheet. Place sliced sausage and broccoli florets on sheet pan. Drizzle oil over sausage and broccoli.