Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies. Add the carrots and beat until combined, then beat in the egg. Stir in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then stir in the raisins. We toss shredded carrot with a little sugar and let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
Stir in carrots, granola and cornflakes. Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir in the grated carrots, then fold in walnuts. You can cook Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- Prepare of Cream together:.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Then add:.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of mix until well combined, then gently fold in: don't over mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of finely grated carrots.
- It's 1 cup of unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 6 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- It's 8 tablespoons of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It's 2 1/3 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need of Once the cookies are cool, make the frosting. Whisk all ingredie.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugars and butter. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- With a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, until light and fluffy. -Then add eggs and vanilla, mix until well incorporated. -Add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix with wooden spoon. Do not over mix, just until the flour is incorporated. -Stir in the carrots, coconut, and walnuts..
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheet. This is easiest with a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scoop. The dough will be very sticky..
- Bake the cookies for 12-16 minutes, just until the edges are starting to brown and the tops don’t look shiny anymore..
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once the cookies are cool, make the frosting. Whisk all ingredients until you have a smooth frosting.
- Place a good chunk of frosting on one of the cookies and press them together gently to spread the frosting out between them. Don't go skimpy, or you will have a lot of icing left:).
- NOTE, You can replace the walnuts with raisins as well. Also make sure to grate the carrots finely (with the small holes on a box grater) as coarsely grated carrots, such as the ones you can buy pre-shredded at the grocery store, do not work well in these cookies. Measure out the grated carrot loosely, and avoid packing them into the measuring cup. Carrots packed in water, such as baby carrots, will not work well, as they will add too much moisture to the cookie dough..
Sweeten the day for kids, family, friends, or yourself. Enjoy OREO Anytime, Anywhere With this pack of OREO Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, you'll be prepared for a last-minute party, school lunches, office snack attacks, movie nights, dessert cravings, and more. Grate the carrots and remove excess water. Cream the sugars, butter and oil in a stand mixer. Add the salt and vanilla extract.