Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies. Add the carrots and beat until combined, then beat in the egg. Stir in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then stir in the raisins. We toss shredded carrot with a little sugar and let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
Stir in carrots, granola and cornflakes. Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. You can have Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- Prepare of Cream together:.
- It's of unsalted butter, softened.
- It's of brown sugar, lightly packed.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of Then add:.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- It's of vanilla.
- You need of mix until well combined, then gently fold in: don't over mix.
- It's of all-purpose flour.
- You need of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It's of baking soda.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- You need of salt.
- It's of finely grated carrots.
- It's of unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare of finely chopped walnuts.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare of cream cheese, softened.
- It's of butter, softened.
- It's of vanilla.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- It's of Once the cookies are cool, make the frosting. Whisk all ingredie.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugars and butter. Stir in the grated carrots, then fold in walnuts. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- With a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, until light and fluffy. -Then add eggs and vanilla, mix until well incorporated. -Add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix with wooden spoon. Do not over mix, just until the flour is incorporated. -Stir in the carrots, coconut, and walnuts..
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheet. This is easiest with a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scoop. The dough will be very sticky..
- Bake the cookies for 12-16 minutes, just until the edges are starting to brown and the tops don’t look shiny anymore..
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once the cookies are cool, make the frosting. Whisk all ingredients until you have a smooth frosting.
- Place a good chunk of frosting on one of the cookies and press them together gently to spread the frosting out between them. Don't go skimpy, or you will have a lot of icing left:).
- NOTE, You can replace the walnuts with raisins as well. Also make sure to grate the carrots finely (with the small holes on a box grater) as coarsely grated carrots, such as the ones you can buy pre-shredded at the grocery store, do not work well in these cookies. Measure out the grated carrot loosely, and avoid packing them into the measuring cup. Carrots packed in water, such as baby carrots, will not work well, as they will add too much moisture to the cookie dough..
Sweeten the day for kids, family, friends, or yourself. Enjoy OREO Anytime, Anywhere With this pack of OREO Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, you'll be prepared for a last-minute party, school lunches, office snack attacks, movie nights, dessert cravings, and more. Grate the carrots and remove excess water. Cream the sugars, butter and oil in a stand mixer. Add the salt and vanilla extract.