Banana cake. This simple recipe is a combination of banana cheesecake and banana cream pie all rolled into one dessert! It uses an Oreo®-cookie crust instead of the traditional graham cracker crust, adding a bit of a chocolate accent. Plus, it uses fat-free cream cheese, but proves to taste rich and creamy for a banana-y treat!
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. To another bowl, add melted unsalted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, mashed banana, sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract, then whisk until well combined. Add the flour mixture to the. You can cook Banana cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana cake
- You need of flour.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of banana.
- It’s of rum.
- You need of egg yorks.
- Prepare of For merengue.
- It’s of egg white.
- You need of salt.
- You need of sugar.
I love to make cakes, and my family loves banana pudding. One day while brainstorming in the kitchen, I came up with this banana pudding cake recipe to combine the two. My family and friends can't get enough of it! If you are pressed for time, you may substitute whipped topping for the homemade sweetened whipped.
Banana cake step by step
- Put the banana in a bowl and heat it up in a microwave. Add rum and mix well..
- Beat the butter until it becomes soft and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well..
- Add egg yolk and mix well..
- Make a merengue. Put egg white in another bowl and whisk it with an electric whisk..
- Add 1/3 flour in a 2 bowl and mix well. Add banana in a bowl and mix well..
- Add 1/3 flour and mix well. Add 1/2 merengue and mix well..
- Add 1/3 flour and 1/2 merengue in a bowl and mix well..
- Preheat the oven at 170C. Put the mixture in a cake pan and heat in the oven at 170C for 30 minutes..
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on low speed until combined. Mix thoroughly and pour batter into the prepared pan. Add eggs and vanilla to bananas, and mix until well combined; set aside. Scrape down sides of bowl, add banana mixture and mix until combined (the mixture will look split and that's perfectly fine). We love baking with bananas, and it's no surprise why: They taste amazing in just about everything!