Mexican Quinoa Stew. Add the water, tomatoes, beans, cumin, salt, quinoa, cilantro and cayenne pepper (if using). Season with pepper and bring the soup to a boil. Once the quinoa is tender, add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
Season with pepper and bring the soup to a boil. Quinoa, diced tomatoes, celery, carrots, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, garlic, onion, black beans, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper The Process With all the fresh vegetables you would think this recipe took ages to prep (I sure did). Lower heat to a simmer and cover pot. You can cook Mexican Quinoa Stew using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Quinoa Stew
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bell peppers, seeded and chopped(any colour or mix of all as per your choice).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of large tomatoe, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked black or red beans.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa (dry/uncooked).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sauce(shezwan sauce).
- It’s as required of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare as required of Coriander leaves for garnish.
- It’s as required of Some lemon wedges.
Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Using an immersion blender, puree a little bit of the stew to add a thick texture. Add tomatoes with juices, Worcestershire, chicken stock, and quinoa. Bring to a boil, and immediately lower to a simmer.
Mexican Quinoa Stew instructions
- Soak beans at night and boil them in the morning with salt and water till cooked. You can use tinned ones too.
- In a pan, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrots, tomato and peas..
- Sauté until the vegetables are tender. Now add corn and cooked beans, cumin, salt and season with both pepper powders and water. Cover and let the tomato be mushy to make thick gravy..
- Wash quinoa 3-4 times and let it cook in water in a separate pan. But you can cook it in the same pan along with gravy too..
- Once boiling, lower the heat, cover the pot, and let the gravy simmer until the quinoa and all vegetables get nicely incorporated with all the flavors..
- You can check the taste of gravy at this stage and add more salt and black pepper if needed Add Coriander leaves generously and give a nice mix.
- Your healthy Mexican flavor quinoa gravy which is an ideal meal for weight watchers is ready..
- Garnish with some lemon wedges or squeeze some lemon juice just before serving.
Add juice of half the lime. Add shredded, cooked chicken and zucchini. Season with kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste. Dash of cayenne pepper for extra heat. Optional- siete foods fuego flavored chips, crumbled (or tortilla chips ) Directions: In a medium soup pot, warm the vegetable broth and can of diced tomato.