Carrot Cake. I finally added a video to my old and trusty recipe for carrot cake, revamped with coconut oil this time. If you want to decorate it with candied carrots, simply slice them thinly and boil for a couple minutes in a syrup made from equal parts sugar and water. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs.
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Stir in carrots, coconut, vanilla, and pineapple. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gently stir into carrot mixture. You can cook Carrot Cake using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s of oz. of flour.
- It’s of tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s of tsp. of cinnamon.
- Prepare of oz. of peeled and grated carrot.
- It’s of oz. of sugar.
- Prepare of tsp. salt.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of oz. of raisins.
- Prepare of oz. of nuts.
- Prepare of oz. of pistachios.
- You need of For the cheese frosting:.
- You need of oz. of icing sugar.
- You need of oz. of softened butter.
- You need of oz. of cream cheese.
Carrot Cake is one of those classic recipes that works so well for any celebration. The bright orange color offset by creamy white frosting makes Carrot Cake the star of any dessert tray. As the name implies, the shredded carrots give this easy Carrot Cake recipe its bright color, but the taste is subtle. Warm cinnamon and vanilla help create a swoon-worthy flavor as you bite into the moist.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and place a rack in the middle of the oven..
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, yeast and ground cinnamon with a mixing spoon..
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, sugar and salt with a spoon..
- Peel and grate the carrot using a grater or shred it with a food processor. You can add the raisins and walnuts, if you want to, to the flour mixture. Stir until the flour coats all the carrot, raisins and nuts. This step will help the carrot, raisins, and nuts not to stick together in balls in the mix when baking..
- To stop the mix sticking to the mold, brush the mold with Olive Oil from Spain and sprinkle flour on it. Shake it and then turn it upside down, to get rid of the excess flour..
- Add the liquid ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl of dry ingredients, and stir well with a tongue-type spatula, not a spoon, as we want to mix them evenly into the mix without working it too much..
- Once well mixed, put it into the previously prepared mold and put it on the rack in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove and let cool. Remove from the mold to serve..
- Mix the icing and decorate your cake!.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, coconut and nuts. Scrape batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Run a knife around edges of cakes to loosen, and turn out cakes onto rack.