Marble butter cake. Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla then beat in medium speed using a stand mixer or hand mixer until texture is light and fluffy. Add egg yolks gradually while still beating the mixture. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl every now and then to mix well.
Set the baked cake on a cooling rack. Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, and milk into mixing bowl. If you watch closely, you'll see that in just a minute or two, not only will the two ingredients combine but they will change in colour and texture. You can cook Marble butter cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble butter cake
- Prepare of x 5 x 3 inches loaf pan.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of eggs (medium size).
- You need of cake flour/self rising flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of Chocolate flavour.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- You need of boiling water.
- You need of instant coffee powder (optional).
Your butter mixture will become pale and creamy - almost a little fluffy. Now let's create that marbled beauty! Pour a base of yellow batter into each cake pan. Spoon remaining yellow batter on top of that.
Marble butter cake instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and sugar. Mix them on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium and mix for about at least 10 minutes. This will give a pale, creamy and fluffy batter..
- Add in the eggs, one at a time..
- Add in the dry ingredients, spoon by spoon..
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Continue mixing on low speed for about 1 to 2 minutes or until all ingredients are fully incorporated..
- Prep the chocolate flavor by mixing the cocoa powder and hot water. I'm excluding the instant coffee powder..
- Dive the cake batter into two. Add in the chocolate mixing into one of the halves. Mix the chocolate until well incorporated..
- Add a few spoons of white batter into the prepared pan, covering the bottom of the pan. Then add in 2 table spoons the chocolate batter in the middle. Gently stir in the middle a little bit so that the batter will slowly spread to the sides. Then do the same for the white batter again, and alternatively chocolate and then white batter..
- Bake at preheated oven 160 C/ 320 F for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on individual oven and cake..
Grab a knife and swirl it all around. Like so: It doesn't have to be neat or perfect. The haphazardness of the batters swirled together makes the cake extra charming. Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition. Add one cup of flour at a time, stirring on low speed until incorporated.