Lemon drizzle cake. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a jug, mix together the sugar, yoghurt, oil, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Transfer to the loaf pan and place in the oven. You can have Lemon drizzle cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon drizzle cake
- It's 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of cake flour.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 10 g of lemon juice.
- It's of Lemon zest from 2 lemon.
- You need Pinch of if salt.
- Prepare of For lemon drizzle.
- You need 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 tbs of icing sugar.
Put all of the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat until smooth. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth out. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon (or use an electric mixer). Gradually beat in the eggs and mix until light and fluffy.
Lemon drizzle cake step by step
- Beat butter until soft and creamy, add lemon sugar (premixed sugar with lemon zest) portionwise. Beat until sugar dissolved and creamy.
- In separate bowl, beat 2 eggs and slowly add into the batter. Mix well..
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, pinch of salt. Fold the batter gently. Add lemon juice, mix everthing until well combined.
- Transfer to the mold. Bake at 170C for 20 minutes.
- Remove for oven, punch some little holds on the cake. Then pour some sugared lemon juice (mix 2 tbs lemon jiuce and 1 tbs sugar) on top, leave it cool for 20 minute and let lemon juice penetrate inside the cake..
- Once the cake cooled, topping with lemon drizzle..
Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the lemon zest. Add the flour and lemon zest and blend until smooth. Using an electric mixer beat all of the cake ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Georgia Brown The Queen's lemon drizzle cake is a classic British bake - try making the recipe from former royal chef Darren McGrady.