Mascarpone filled carrot cake muffins/cupcakes. In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, cooled carrots and half of the mascarpone. In a medium bowl, mix together the carrots, eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, pineapple, dried cranberries and nuts.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil, milk, honey, maple syrup and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, sift dry mix together and stir to combine, set aside. Stir the jam, mascarpone and cinnamon together and drop a teaspoonful into each of the muffins. You can have Mascarpone filled carrot cake muffins/cupcakes using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mascarpone filled carrot cake muffins/cupcakes
- You need of Muffins.
- It’s 180 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 150 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 120 ml of buttermilk (or regular milk with 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon/lime juice).
- Prepare 60 ml of vegetable/sunflower oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 2 of semi-large carrots (around 200 grams), grated.
- Prepare of Crumb topping.
- You need 60 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 35 grams of melted unsalted butter.
- It’s of Mascarpone filling.
- You need 200 grams of mascarpone.
- Prepare of Sugar – the amount is up to personal preference😉.
Scoop the remaining batter over top so that it covers the filling completely. Mix wet ingredients: In another bowl, beat together eggs and sugars until well-combined and slightly fluffy. I like to pour in the oil slowly while constantly whisking, so it's well-emulsified. Fold in carrots, raisins and pistachios.
Mascarpone filled carrot cake muffins/cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200 celsius and prepare 12 muffin liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Take the egg and separate the yolk and egg white. Beat them separately until the yolk is creamy and the white has turned into snow.
- Whisk together the yolks and whites and then slowly procceed to add the sugar, buttermilk, oil and extract and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold in the grated carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to create the crumb topping.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin liners and top with the crumb topping.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Whisk together the mascarpone and sugar until there are no lumps.
- Cut the muffins open and fill with mascarpone/spread the mixture on top.
This recipe is very sturdy and will hold up well in the freezer. The Mascarpone frosting will also freeze well, due to the high fat content. Feel free to make this easy carrot cake cupcake recipe ahead of time. To make the muffins, sift the flour in a large bowl, add the baking powder, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and walnuts. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar with eggs and oil.