Quinoa pizza muffins. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until combined. The mixture will be somewhat wet but should come together easily. Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers or grease muffin tin well.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with a whisk or hand beater until well combined. Add the cooked quinoa, vegetable mixture, cheese and salt to the eggs, and stir to combine. You can have Quinoa pizza muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa pizza muffins
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pesto.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (grated).
- Prepare 1 cup of pizza toppings of your choice, cooked and finely chopped (eg. salami, spinach, olives etc).
- You need dash of vegetable oil.
These quinoa pizza muffins are easy to prep at the beginning of the week and I can grab one to eat with my lunch to hit those pizza cravings. I do have to admit, Jordan had no interest at all in these haha. He will happily pass until a real piece of pizza makes its way onto his plate. Once the quinoa is cooled, lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, then combine the quinoa, ham, olives, tomatoes, basil, and eggs, with salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
Quinoa pizza muffins step by step
- Pre heat oven to 356°F.
- Grease muffin tin with oil.
- Cook quinoa per directions on packet.
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl and add all ingredients one by one to ensure they mix well.
- Place mixture evenly among the muffin tray, ensuring not to fill too high as they will rise a small amount..
- Cook in oven for aprx 30-40mins depending on the depth of your tray. Muffins should look golden and crispy when done..
- Set and let cool. Then enjoy! (Tastes great with a savory dip as icing).
I found the parchment paper worked best for me! Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in. Line a baking pan with parchment paper (either rectangle or square). These delicious quinoa pizza muffins make an excellent healthy snack, or serve on a bed of fresh greens for a tasty Italian meal. Cook quinoa per directions on packet.